Department of Health
- Material Transfer of Human Biological Materials (National Health Act, 2003 - Act No. 61 of 2003)
- Ethics in health research: principles, processes and structures, second edition, 2015
- Guidelines for Good Practice in the Conduct of Clinical Trials with Human Participants in South Africa. Second Edition, 2006. Department of Health, Pretoria, South Africa.
- Community and public engagement
- The Minister of Health has delegated powers to consent for research or experimentation to be conducted with a minor for a non-therapeutic purpose as prescribed by the National Health Act, to health research ethics committees registered with the NHREC. This was done on condition that the Ethics Committee concerned complies with Section 73 of the National Health Act by being registered with the National Health Research Ethics Council (NHREC), and adheres to the norms and standards of research ethics guidelines as advocated by the NHREC. Letter of delegation to the MRC Ethics Committee.
- Regulation Gazette No 38000, 19 September 2014, Vol 591 No 10268
South African Medical Research Council
|Guideline booklets - The five guideline booklets below were produced between 2002-2004 by the SAMRC. These booklets are outdated and should only be consulted as background information.|
They will not be revised in view of the fact that the National Health Research Ethics Council of the Department of Health has produced research guidelines for the country as listed below.