The SAMRC’s Environment & Health Research Unit (E&HRU) will pause for 15 - 30 minutes to mark World Environmental Health Day.
We are committing to:
- The Reduction of the use of plastic materials in the E&HRU
- An increase in the the proportion of vegetarian foods for catered E&HRU meetings and workshops
In response to the increased understanding of the detrimental impacts of plastics and meat production, the EHRU has updated its policy.
Join the movement by making a personal commitment to:
- Refuse to use straws
- Taking our own bags along when shopping
- Eat vegetarian meals at least one day each week.
We will also make sturdy shopping bags available in the E&HRU offices in Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban and Port Elizabeth. Additionally, we will increase awareness about the impacts of plastics and meat production on the environment.
- Join the challenge
- Plastic does not go away
- Eat vegetarian once a week
- 10 Things you can do to help the ocean