The South African Medical Research Council (SAMRC) strives to improve the nation’s health and quality of life by funding and conducting relevant and leading health research. It further aims to promote equity, career development and progression. The organisation prides itself on three core values: being pioneering, striving for excellence and working collaboratively.
The SAMRC retains the right not to make an appointment. Should no feedback be received within 30 days of the closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
Senior Scientist (Entry)
Burden of Disease Research Unit
|23 January 2019|
The Burden of Disease Research Unit manages a Cancer Registry based in the Eastern Cape, which is well established and has a considerable data repository. We require the services of a Senior Scientist with experience in a research institute environment to assist the cancer registration project by rendering scientific and technical skills. The appointee will be based in Parow, Cape Town, and will be expected to contribute to running the register and to reviewing, analysing, interpreting, publishing and disseminating research findings.
- Knowledge about fieldwork, quantitative research and health systems or cancer
Skills and Attribute Requirements:
- Strong computer literacy, with proficiency in:
- Basic statistical analysis in R or STATA,
- MS Excel, MS Word, MS Access and MS PowerPoint
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary team, often under deadline pressure
- Strong multi-tasking skills
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
- Very good presentation skills
- Must be pro-active, self-motivated, energetic, flexible, adaptive, and innovative.
A salary in the region of R488 764 per annum, cost-to-company.
In accordance with the SAMRC’s Employment Equity Plan, preference will be given to suitably qualified candidates from the designated groups. For this reason, we require race, gender and disability status to be specified. Disabled persons are encouraged to apply.
|PLEASE QUOTE THE REFERENCE NUMBER (R235A) IN ALL COMMUNICATIONS|
|Visit the following Web Site to complete an online application. https://goo.gl/forms/kmXAdEA5Lf6Azabm2|