The South African Medical Research Council (SAMRC) strives to improve the nation’s health and quality of life by funding and conducting relevant and leading health research. It further aims to promote equity, career development and progression. The organisation prides itself on three core values: being pioneering, striving for excellence and working collaboratively.
Individuals are invited to submit applications in response to the following position:
HIV Prevention Research Unit (HPRU)
One - year contract
The SAMRC’s HIV Prevention Research Unit (HPRU) seeks to employ a qualified and experienced Laboratory Co-ordinator to manage all operational duties associated with the HPRU Laboratory as well as those responsibilities and duties associated with the Central Routine Laboratory, Research Laboratory, six Clinical Research Site Laboratories and the Biorepository.
- Co-ordinate and adhere to the implementation of the quality management plan and monitor trends and outcomes
- Maintain the integrity of the laboratory quality management system and prepare all laboratory areas for audits by SANAS, DAIDS West-stat, and adhere to all regulatory requirements
- Perform internal, vertical and horizontal audits as per regulations
- Ensure laboratory operational and regulatory set-up across all studies in collaboration with sponsors
- Set-up and maintain electronic and manual documentation inventory system
- Complete monthly laboratory management reviews
- Manage, train and develop staff
- Liaise and maintain professionalism with international and national laboratory centers
- Develop laboratory budgets, approve journals and billing
- Work after hours and weekends when required
- Work within timelines and multi-task with team members.
- BTech: Biomedical Technology, Clinical Pathology Independent practice
- 5 years or more laboratory co-ordination and SANAS experience
- A Code 8 manual drivers licence is essential for the above post as the incumbent will be required to drive the company vehicle when necessary.
- Registered with HPCSA: Clinical Pathology Independent practice.
- Competent in Microsoft Office packages
- Knowledge of Laboratory Information Management System
- Knowledge of Laboratory Data Management Systems
- Routine diagnostic experience and specialized laboratory experience in a pathology or medical research laboratory : Serology, Chemistry, Microbiology, Haematology, Immunology and other molecular research methods
- Good Laboratory Practice and IATA certification
A salary in the region of R387 000.00 per annum, cost-to-company, will be negotiated in consideration of experience and qualifications.
In accordance with the SAMRC’s Employment Equity Plan, preference will be given to suitably qualified candidates from the designated groups. For this reason, we require race, gender and disability status to be specified.
PLEASE QUOTE THE REFERENCE NUMBER (R121A) IN ALL COMMUNICATIONS.
The SAMRC retains the right not to make an appointment.
Closing date: 15 November 2017
Should no feedback be received within 30 days of the closing date,
kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
Please go to the following Web Site to complete an online application. https://goo.gl/forms/h11s0Kl961JS9ZSk2