The South African Medical Research Council (SAMRC) strives to improve the nation’s health and quality of life by funding and conducting relevant and leading health research. It further aims to promote equity, career development and progression. The organisation prides itself on three core values: being pioneering, striving for excellence and working collaboratively.
Individuals are invited to submit applications in response to the following position:
HIV Prevention Research Unit (HPRU)
One - year contract
A Project Manager is required to assume the following duties:
- Manage the operational outcomes of a clinical research site with multiple international research protocols.
- Develop and implement strategies to ensure effective implementation of multiple research protocols
- Manage and lead scientific outputs when developing new studies
- Effective written and verbal communication with local and international stakeholders including sponsors, auditors and research team members
- Manage community engagement plans through networking and education in partnership with community stakeholders
- Monitor recruitment, retention and adherence targets within set timelines
- Manage regulatory and quality outcomes of research studies including data management
- Accountable to study Principal Investigator regarding study implementation activities to ensure timely study activation.
- Scientific report writing, publications and presentations.
- Master’s Degree in the Biomedical or Social Science environment
- 5 years’ relevant research experience
- 3 years’ project management experience
- Knowledge of Good Clinical Practice (GCP) is essential
- A Code 8 manual drivers licence is essential for the above post as the incumbent will be required to drive the company vehicle when necessary
- A valid certificate in Good Clinical Practice
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision
- Able to meet strict timelines
- Able to work under pressure and multi-task
- Be a team player with excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent English, both verbal and written
- Be pro-active, self-motivated, and energetic
- Be flexible, adaptable, and innovative
A salary in the region of R538 000.00 per annum, cost-to-company, will be negotiated in consideration of experience and qualifications.
In accordance with the SAMRC’s Employment Equity Plan, preference will be given to suitably qualified candidates from the designated groups. For this reason, we require race, gender and disability status to be specified.
PLEASE QUOTE THE REFERENCE NUMBER (R112A) IN ALL COMMUNICATIONS.
The SAMRC retains the right not to make an appointment.
Closing date: 15 November 2017
Should no feedback be received within 30 days of the closing date,
kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
Please go to the following Web Site to complete an online application. https://goo.gl/forms/j9jTEOVZJR5WBf9E3