The South African Medical Research Council (SAMRC) strives to improve the nation’s health and quality of life by funding and conducting relevant and leading health research. It further aims to promote equity, career development and progression. The organisation prides itself on three core values: being pioneering, striving for excellence and working collaboratively.
Individuals are invited to submit applications in response to the following position:
Management Accountant Assistant (Chief Officer)
Project & Management Accounting Office (PMAO)
Cape Town Office
A very rewarding career opportunity exists for a proactive and dynamic individual to be part of the SAMRC’s Project and Management Accounting Office (PMAO) to assist with all management accounting functions.
The SAMRC receives substantial funding from various local and international funding institutions. The PMAO manages all centralized pre and post-award research administration functions. The PMAO is responsible for the full spectrum of budgetary functions which include the preparation, monitoring and budget submissions of and for the entire organisation. The PMAO also prepares the monthly management accounts for the organisation.
- Assist with the preparation of monthly management accounts
- Assist with the preparation of monthly and annual deferred income balances
- Prepare financial data for quarterly and annual ENE treasury submissions
- Prepare monthly budget to actual per unit and division inclusive of a detailed variance analysis
- Assist with preparing the annual SAMRC organisational budget
- Prepare budget reconciliation
- Assist with research contract management, ensuring that the contract complies with all funder terms and conditions
- Prepare monthly journals where required
- Assist with departmental year end process.
- A 3 year Financial or Management Accounting Degree / Diploma.
Any specialized courses and/or extensive experience in public sector budgeting would be advantageous
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience with strong accounting and budgeting skills
- Experience in public sector finance and budgeting would be advantageous.
Competence is required in:
- MS Word, Excel and Power Point; strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work with all levels in the organization
- Excellent organizational skills and well-developed analytical and problem solving skills, as well as the ability to prioritize work and perform effectively in a deadline-driven environment
A salary in the region of R304 000 per annum, cost-to-company will be negotiated in consideration of experience and qualifications.
In accordance with the SAMRC’s Employment Equity Plan, preference will be given to suitably qualified candidates from the designated groups. For this reason, we require race, gender and disability status to be specified. Disabled persons are encouraged to apply.
PLEASE QUOTE THE REFERENCE NUMBER (R13B) IN ALL COMMUNICATION.
The SAMRC retains the right not to make an appointment.
Closing date: 22 September 2017
Should no feedback be received within 30 days of the closing date,
kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
Please go to the following Web Site to complete an online application. https://goo.gl/forms/TccCZ5PSXOQNv9L42