The South African Medical Research Council (SAMRC) strives to improve the nation’s health and quality of life by funding and conducting relevant and leading health research. It further aims to promote equity, career development and progression. The organisation prides itself on three core values: being pioneering, striving for excellence and working collaboratively.
Individuals are invited to submit applications in response to the following position:
Fieldworker/Participant Locator and Retention Worker
Health Systems Research Unit
Cape Town Office
The Health Systems Research Unit is looking for an experienced fieldworker who will be responsible for locating and ensuring the retention of participants in the Child Support Grant Study, particularly in Langa Township. This is a birth cohort study that is a project between the Centre of Excellence for Food Security and the SAMRC, and it focuses on the impact of the Child Support Grant on child nutrition in the Langa community.
- Tracing and locating identified study participants for recruitment into the study
- Tracking of recruited participants who move to new areas (outside of the study area)
- Ensuring that loss-to-follow up of participants is kept to a minimum
- Assisting project staff members with other data collection or administrative tasks, when needed
- A matric certificate
- Must be from Langa
- A valid driver’s license (must be an experienced driver)
- At least one year experience in conducting fieldwork, tracing and locating participants in research projects with pregnant women, mothers and children
- Experience working in urban townships
- Fluency in isiXhosa and English is essential
A salary in the region of R101 000.00 per annum, cost-to-company, will be negotiated in
consideration of experience and qualifications.
In accordance with the SAMRC’s Employment Equity Plan, preference will be given to suitably qualified candidates from the designated groups. For this reason, we require race, gender and disability status to be specified.
PLEASE QUOTE THE REFERENCE NUMBER (R130A) IN ALL COMMUNICATIONS.
The SAMRC retains the right not to make an appointment.
Closing date: 20 November 2017
Should no feedback be received within 30 days of the closing date,
kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
Please go to the following Web Site to complete an online application. https://goo.gl/forms/Mn4CyMr9G9gNwUUf1