The South African Medical Research Council (SAMRC) strives to improve the nation’s health and quality of life by funding and conducting relevant and leading health research. It further aims to promote equity, career development and progression. The organisation prides itself on three core values: being pioneering, striving for excellence and working collaboratively.
Individuals are invited to submit applications in response to the following position:
Field Supervisor (Chief research technologist)
Alcohol, Tobacco and Other Drug Research Unit
Cape Town Office
One full time position, 3-year contract
The Alcohol, Tobacco and Other Drug Research Unit is looking for an experienced, energetic and organized person with clinical research experience to co-ordinate project TRUST, a TB treatment outcomes cohort study. We require one full-time person who will be responsible for co-ordinating all aspects of study operations across our three study sites, supervising field staff, liaising with the investigative team, ensuring compliance to the study protocols and data checking, entry and transmission. The successful candidates will be based in Worcester and will be required to travel between Worcester and Cape Town on a weekly basis as part of their project responsibilities.
- Ensuring compliance with study protocols
- Training and supervision of field staff
- Study coordination to ensure recruitment and follow up targets are met
- Field site supervision and coordination.
- Coordination of collection and transportation of biological specimens
- Weekly transportation of sputum specimens
- Quality assurance activities
- Data management: particularly data verification, edits, entry and transmission
- Writing of technical reports
- Liaison with collaborators and with Department of Health
- Have at least five years of relevant clinical research experience (including study coordination).
- Have a four year degree in a relevant field
- Speak fluent Afrikaans in addition to English
- Have a valid South African driver’s license.
A salary in the region of R387 000.00 per annum, cost-to-company, will be negotiated in
consideration of experience and qualifications and will be at the level of Chief Research
Successful candidates will be provided with relevant on-the-job training.
In accordance with the SAMRC’s Employment Equity Plan, preference will be given to suitably qualified candidates from the designated groups. For this reason, we require race, gender and disability status to be specified.
PLEASE QUOTE THE REFERENCE NUMBER (R127A) IN ALL COMMUNICATIONS.
The SAMRC retains the right not to make an appointment.
Closing date: 19 November 2017
Should no feedback be received within 30 days of the closing date,
kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
Please go to the following Web Site to complete an online application. https://goo.gl/forms/Cw72hSokIJfjjygI2