The South African Medical Research Council (SAMRC) strives to improve the nation’s health and quality of life by funding and conducting relevant and leading health research. It further aims to promote equity, career development and progression. The organisation prides itself on three core values: being pioneering, striving for excellence and working collaboratively.
The following rewarding career opportunity in Finance exists for a proactive and dynamic individual.
Debtors & Subsistence & Travel Administrator
- Processing debtors invoices; credit notes and receipts
- Debt collection
- Checking subsistence and travel claims
- Processing travel claims on JD Edwards Journal processing
- Journal preparation and processing, including accruals
- Administration of self- initiated research grants and extramural unit grants
- Checking of creditors EFT documentation
- Analyses of control accounts
- A three year national Accounting Diploma
- At least 5 years post qualification accounting/ debtors and subsistence and travel experience
- Strong financial accounting skills
- Computer literacy – spreadsheet and accounting packages (JDE experience will be advantageous), minimum of 3 years
- Driver’s license
- Problem solving, facilitation and people skills
A salary in the region of R 275 000 per annum, cost-to-company will be negotiated in consideration of experience and qualifications.
In accordance with the SAMRC’s Employment Equity Plan, preference will be given to suitably qualified candidates from the designated groups. For this reason, we require race, gender and disability status to be specified. Disabled persons are encouraged to apply.
PLEASE QUOTE THE REFERENCE NUMBER (R129A) IN ALL COMMUNICATIONS.
The SAMRC retains the right not to make an appointment.
Closing date: 19 November 2017
Should no feedback be received within 30 days of the closing date,
kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
Please go to the following Web Site to complete an online application. https://goo.gl/forms/ByajxNNq6Zfo2Z0A3