The South African Medical Research Council (SAMRC) strives to improve the nation’s health and quality of life by funding and conducting relevant and leading health research. It further aims to promote equity, career development and progression. The organisation prides itself on three core values: being pioneering, striving for excellence and working collaboratively.
Individuals are invited to submit applications in response to the following position:
Quality Assurance Officer
HIV Prevention Research Unit (HPRU)
One year contract
The HIV Prevention Research Unit (HPRU) seeks to appoint a Quality Assurance Officer to conduct internal monitoring at clinical research sites within the Durban region. The candidate will ensure compliance with SA and ICH GCP and HSP requirements. Quality assurance activities will include working within the framework of approved protocols and regulatory documentation.
- Internal monitoring of clinical trial data using approved protocols and standard operating procedures (SOP’s) as per the clinical quality management plan
- Review 100% informed consent forms and locators
- Submit internal monitoring reports timeously and debrief study investigators and site staff on common findings and trends
- Assist with preparation for external audits and monitoring
- Review study related regulatory documentation including local ethics, MCC and sponsor correspondence
- A relevant 3 year degree in Health/Social Sciences or equivalent qualification
- At least 3 years’ clinical research experience
- At least 3 years’ experience in conducting quality assurance activities
- A Code 8 manual drivers licence
- Valid recent GCP and HSP certificate
- Willingness to work outside normal working hours when required
- Work with meticulous attention to detail to ensure good quality data
- Effective organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills in MS Office packages
- Ability to maintain a high degree of professionalism and confidentiality
- Ability to work independently, under pressure and meet deadlines
A salary in the region of R233 000.00 per annum, cost-to-company, will be negotiated in consideration of experience and qualifications.
In accordance with the SAMRC’s Employment Equity Plan, preference will be given to suitably qualified candidates from the designated groups. For this reason, we require race, gender and disability status to be specified.
PLEASE QUOTE THE REFERENCE NUMBER (R119A) IN ALL COMMUNICATIONS.
The SAMRC retains the right not to make an appointment.
Closing date: 15 November 2017
Should no feedback be received within 30 days of the closing date,
kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
Please go to the following Web Site to complete an online application. https://goo.gl/forms/0TsBKICowNJQlkUz2