The South African Medical Research Council (SAMRC) strives to improve the nation’s health and quality of life by funding and conducting relevant and leading health research. It further aims to promote equity, career development and progression. The organisation prides itself on three core values: being pioneering, striving for excellence and working collaboratively.
Individuals are invited to submit applications in response to the following position:
Permanent post X Two
This is an ideal opportunity for a systematic, logical thinker, proactive professional and dynamic individual.
- Processing creditors orders, goods received notes and invoices on JD Edwards s
- Resolving creditors queries
- Liaising with suppliers
- Performing general accounting functions such as journal processing, etc.
- Preparing excel spreadsheets
- Preparing creditors reconciliations
- Analyzing general ledger accounts
- Extracting supporting creditors documentation
- Management of outstanding orders and goods received not vouchered report
- A 1 year or 2 year National Higher Certificate in Accounting
- At least 2 years post qualification creditors processing experience
- Strong financial accounting skills
- Vat ; PFMA and supply chain knowledge
- Computer literacy – spreadsheet and accounting packages (JDE experience will be advantageous), minimum of 2 years
- Driver’s license
- Problem solving, facilitation and people skills
A salary in the region of R233 000 per annum, cost-to-company will be negotiated in consideration of experience and qualifications.
In accordance with the SAMRC’s Employment Equity Plan, preference will be given to suitably qualified candidates from the designated groups. For this reason, we require race, gender and disability status to be specified. Disabled persons are encouraged to apply.
PLEASE QUOTE THE REFERENCE NUMBER (R128A) IN ALL COMMUNICATIONS.
The SAMRC retains the right not to make an appointment.
Closing date: 19 November 2017
Should no feedback be received within 30 days of the closing date,
kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
Please go to the following Web Site to complete an online application. https://goo.gl/forms/2uJ4NQ6wvdmoVinq1