The South African Medical Research Council (SAMRC) strives to improve the nation’s health and quality of life by funding and conducting relevant and leading health research. It further aims to promote equity, career development and progression. The organisation prides itself on three core values: being pioneering, striving for excellence and working collaboratively.
Individuals are invited to submit applications in response to the following position:
HIV Prevention Research Unit
One Year Contract
The SAMRC’s HIV Prevention Research Unit requires suitably qualified and experienced Research
Assistants to perform project related duties such as, administration of informed consent to study participants, study document management, and assisting with various general administrative duties at clinical research sites in the Durban region.
- Conduct interviews with study participants
- Data collection of the highest quality, in accordance with Good Clinical Practice Principles
- Administration, documentation, quality control/assurance and indexing of informed consent documents for study participants
- Assist with data capturing, quality control/assurance, and related aspects of data management as designated by the relevant study Principal Investigator
- Study documentation management
- Assist with translations of research-related documents
- Creating and updating study specific logs
- Assist Study Coordinator with report writing
- Assist with participant follow-up
- Planning meetings and/or workshops and document minutes
- Finance co-ordination
- Research administration.
- 1-2 years accredited course or certificate
- 2 years relevant experience in research or related environment
- Good writing skills
- Strong computer skills in MS Office packages
- Valid driver’s licence
- Fluent in English and isiZulu
- Effective organisational skills and the ability to work both independently and in a team
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure
- Willing to work outside normal working hours when required.
A salary in the region of R163 000.00 per annum, cost-to-company, will be negotiated in consideration of experience and qualifications.
PLEASE QUOTE THE REFERENCE NUMBER (R97B) IN ALL COMMUNICATIONS.
The SAMRC retains the right not to make an appointment.
Closing date: 19 November 2017
Should no feedback be received within 30 days of the closing date,
kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
Please go to the following Web Site to complete an online application. https://goo.gl/forms/mBcSRZMirWIjOlS62