The South African Medical Research Council (SAMRC) strives to improve the nation’s health and quality of life by funding and conducting relevant and leading health research. It further aims to promote equity, career development and progression. The organisation prides itself on three core values: being pioneering, striving for excellence and working collaboratively.
Individuals are invited to submit applications in response to the following position:
HIV Prevention Research Unit (HPRU)
One -Year Contract
The SAMRC’s HIV Prevention Research Unit seeks to appoint an experienced and competent Study Co-ordinator to fulfill the following responsibilities:
- Co-ordinate research activities related to the implementation of multiple research protocols at a clinical research site
- Ensure optimum clinic flow to facilitate effective conduct of multiple clinical research studies
- Monitor and supervise quality control of all study data and informed consent procedures
- Ensure that corrective and preventative action for citations are generated from internal/external audits
- Ensure that Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) are updated, implemented and monitored
- Supervise data collection and associated document management
- Monitor and supervise the recruitment and retention efforts at the clinical research site
- Manage and supervise a multidisciplinary research team
- Manage participant reimbursement and financial advances Supervise operational activities at sites
- Assist with scientific report writing/publications and presentations.
- Honours Degree in the Biomedical or Social Sciences
- 4 years’ experience in the HIV/Health research environment
- 2 years’ experience with team training and supervision
- 2 years’ proven project coordination and management experience.
- A Code 8 manual drivers license is essential for the above post as the incumbent will be required to drive the company vehicle when necessary.
- Computer literate in MS packages and spreadsheets
- A Master’s degree
- Understanding of Good Clinical Practice or a valid certificate in Good Clinical Practice
- Applicant must be able to work under pressure and multi-task
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Experience with electronic data capture (EDC)
A salary in the region of R304 000.00 per annum, cost-to-company, will be negotiated in consideration of experience and qualifications.
In accordance with the SAMRC’s Employment Equity Plan, preference will be given to suitably qualified candidates from the designated groups. For this reason, we require race, gender and disability status to be specified.
PLEASE QUOTE THE REFERENCE NUMBER (R116A) IN ALL COMMUNICATIONS.
The SAMRC retains the right not to make an appointment.
Closing date: 15 November 2017
Should no feedback be received within 30 days of the closing date,
kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
Please go to the following Web Site to complete an online application. https://goo.gl/forms/yTp5vCBOlVGlIjrD3