The Biostatistics Unit's research and support are closely aligned with the priorities in the research agenda of the MRC, and therefore statistical inference in Public Health and Clinical Research form the basis of its work.
Additionally, the BSU staff have strong training in methodology, applied as well as experience in applications and collaborative research work. This, allows us to conduct own research relevant to a myriad of health and biomedical problems.
Specific areas of expertise and interest include:
- Sample survey sampling and analysis
- Mixture model and latent variable modelling
- The design, interim analysis and monitoring and analysis of individual and cluster randomised controlled trials.
- Spatial statistics and statistical epidemiology,
- Survival and longitudinal data analysis including joint modelling and multiple and recurrent events data.
- Handling of missing data in various models and analyses