8 June 2015
Media are invited to a briefing by the South African Medical Research Council (SAMRC) at the SA Aids Conference where the council will be presenting key findings and recommendations on improving patient care for MDR-TB patients and announcing new research funding ventures for South African medical scientists.
DATE: Thursday, 11 June 2015
TIME: 09:45 – 10:30 – CAT
VENUE: Durban, ICC Meeting room 11AB (media briefing room)
- Professor Glenda Gray – SAMRC President
- Dr Roxanna Rustomjee – SAMRC Strategic Health Innovation Partnerships (SHIP)
- Dr Marian Loveday – SAMRC Health Systems Research Unit
KEY ANNOUNCEMENTS & PRESENTATION:
- TB HIV Collaborating centres announced
- New TB Newton funding call
- TB RePORT – NIH funding call
- Models of care for MDR-TB patients in South Africa – key recommendations to improving patient care in South Africa
NOTE: fact sheets will be handed out at the briefing and interviews facilitated on-site.
Visit our facebook page for video updates.